Clubs & Societies


Freshers' Week is over, but I want to mention one of the most important events of the whole week.. the Freshers Fair of Napier. It took place on the 14 of September 2018. I had the opportunity to meet creative minds and to share ideas with people. Moreover, to see the numerous societies that Napier provides and to choose which of them most suits my interests and to join them. To reach the best performance and highest achievements I decided to get involved in only 2 Societies. They are: 


  • ENUCS  - The Computing Society. Why? Because I am studying Computing Science and I find it like a way to have some extra hours to do something that I like and to gain more knowledge in this field. I can not mention the communicative and friendly welcoming staff as well ! 
          I went to the first event of the club and I would like to say: 
       A bunch of stories to be made!


          One of them will take place the next Wednesday the 26 when I will participate on my first Hackaton competition. 
 Can't wait! 
      

  • The Napier Dance Club- What Sport means to me? It means endless benefits :
  1. Sports make time pass more quickly

  2. Sports improve physical well-being
  3. Sports forge bonds
  4. Sports improve time management and professional development
  5. Sports broad your mind after a busy day. In result you are more productive.

  • Before, I have been practicing Taekwondo-ITF and Kickboxing for 5 years, and it has been great for my health and mind. Now with the new way of life, here in Edinburgh I decided to try to develop one of my other interests - Dancing { Hip-Hop }. The first session took place on Tuesday the 18 of September 2018 in the Boroughmuir High School . It was quite fun but I will still think about it - To dance and learn by myself or to take classes. My decisions are based on my feelings ! 

  • The Kayaking Club- I went to try kayaking as well. It was unforgettable experience! 
I would like to try surfing as well. But I will give it time!